Healthy Delight: Spinach Crepes with Tahini, Apple and Chickpea Filling
Every morning I am completely perplexed what to make for breakfast. All the family members have varying choices but pancakes are something which we all enjoy eating.
No wonder I have mastered the art of making a variety of pancakes which at times we serve for dinner as well.
Being a health freak I am always on the lookout for healthy pancake recipes. I have tried making banana pancakes and almond pancakes.
A few days back I decided to try out spinach crepes. My family loved it and I am often asked to prepare this dish with different fillings.
I can imagine that you are quite excited to know the recipe so let us reveal the details below. You can also see this video to find out how making them:
Spinach Crepes with Tahini, Apple and Chickpea filling
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for the Crepe Batter
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 2 bunches fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups oat milk
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 ½ cup Buckwheat flour
Ingredients for the filling
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 grated apples
- 3 tablespoons Tahini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of black pepper
- Take a big bowl. Add the basil leaves, spinach, butter, water, oat milk, eggs, Buckwheat flour and salt.
- Now, get hold of a hand immersion blender and mix all the crepe ingredients to form a smooth green paste. If you do not have an immersion blender, then no worries. You can make use of a regular blender also for preparing the crepe mixture.
- Make sure that you place the crepe mixture in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Take an 8-inch frying pan and place it on medium heat.
- Drizzle some oil into the frying pan.
- When the oil gets heated add about 1/3 cup of the crepe mixture into the frying pan.
- You need to tilt your frying pan in the circular motion so that the crepe batter is distributed evenly.
- Fry your crepe for one minute on both the sides till the crepe gets the golden brown color.
- When the crepes have been fried you should place them on a baking tray to cool them down.
- Now, you have to start with the filling preparation. Take a medium-sized bowl. Add the Tahini paste, olive oil and the lemon juice. Mix these ingredients well.
- Add the apple to the Tahini dressing and mix well. Put in salt and pepper to season the apples.
- Finally, add the chickpeas to the filling mixture. You need to use your hands to coat the chickpeas with the Tahini mixture.
- At the time of serving put some filling into the crepes. You should always put the filling the center of the crepes. After adding the filling, fold your spinach crepes and serve them right away.
Do not miss out on this finger-licking recipe and show love to your family by preparing this special dish.